Parallels Lives

Sunday, 10th of August 2008
10:oo am


Yesterday was a nice day.
Today the weather is sad and my body is all broken.
I went to see the theater piece Rotozaza, Etiquette at Point Ephémère.
I didn´t like it so much as I wanted. Too may expectations. It was very very closed and setted up. There I was really a puppet of a very fake game or history. They even gave us the clues how to put my left arm or how to close my right eye while I was speacking something that they were ordering. The objects of the scene were nice. I´ve to draw on the table an manipulate some objects to make the scenery, too materialize somehow the piece that was being directed by voice througt headphones
I was a wore on the piece and Dora a man 60 years old. Unexpected ah?

At night I went to Trocadero. There were a group of guys doing showbiz.
A lot of people taking photos. So much flashes.
Look the Eiffel Tower! So huge! She´s blue this month.
Oh others Eiffle Tower`s! 1euro and take her in a pocket.

Me and myself trying to speak in french, at Trocadero. Nice night in the gardens.

It´s strange but i cannot be myself when i speak another language. Well, I know that a lot is because i cannot speak french or english so well as portuguese, but somehow it changes. Its interesting. We are so used to communicate by speaking that when we cannot be so well understood a lot of things that we meant to say we don´t say them or we are miss understood. We just can´t be really us or we can? Its come of course the questions who we are. Fake or real? Does our memories are real or just a fake construction of our mind to not get lost?







Sunday, 10th of August 2008


Today was a very weird day.
I was not working. Saturday after giving the mail and Sunday are my days off. I´m for my own.
I walked throught the Champs- Elysées.
It was so strange for me. I saw money and money everywhere, and a lot! Everything is so huge and expensive that I cannot believe it.
So many different people crossing by, crossing their sofisticated bodies, hidden bodies, black bodies, fat bodies, skiny bodies, very expensive bodies...and sometimes apears those others bodies, that seems that came from another planet. Clochards, as they call them here. I was standing, waiting for the bus. I was smoking a cigarrete Marlboro when a man croosed in front of us, without even shoes. His nails were so big and dirty and his clothe all broken.The hair seemed that hasnt been washed for months. I stayed like a stupid watching. A few moments before I was looking for those luxuries cars at Toyota, an amazing technological space where I don´t Know what to feel yet. Those ultra super milionaire places, and then, in the same street you can see that people.
DORA ASKED ME. What do you think that he thinks?
I didn´t knew what to answer, and I don´t know yet. I don´t make any idea of what they think about this world that doesnt seem belonging to them.
So far and so close at the same time.
I´m taking a lot of pictures of people in the streets. I saw a lot of poor people.
I´m remembering a woman that I saw today. She was on a wilchair trying to pick up her jacket from the floor with a bengala. Around her was a lot of food boxes, for animals. There was a lot of pombos near the woman, and that scene remembered me a film, because there was a character very similar to that woman. An old lady, with long dark dress and long white hair taking care of the pigeons of the park. At that time, I never thought that Kind of scenery could be real or possible.
I´m learning that a lot of fantasys of my childness are not fantasys at all.
At more or less 5 o clock I came home.

Sem comentários: